I suggest you ...

Offer a paid license with the ability to remove the splashscreen

Right now it is not allowed to remove the WaveEngine splashscreen at all, or it would violate the Wave Software License Agreement.

There have been some requests in the past to be able to remove it though, by acquiring a "Paid License" which would allow that then.

It would be great that developers who have their game finished can have this option of a paid license to remove the splashscreen before shipping their game.

Of course, exact license details have to be worked out for this.

S. http://forum.waveengine.net/forum/general/3053-wave-license-question?p=3199#post3199
or my question for it at http://forum.waveengine.net/forum/general/9478-modify-splashscreen-remove-it-for-debug-compilation

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ray Koopa shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ray Koopa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are also AAA titles without any splash screen, bugging the user less. Anyway, seens there might be just a smaller variant of the WaveEngine logo on a splash screen as it has been made clear by now, it would probably be easier to integrate it into a login screen or anything, so the user can already do actions and not wait needlessy.

• Domi Stockmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No.
        I don't think so.

The Wave Engine Splash Screen looks awesome and something to show the world. You also have splash screens for AAA Engines like Unreal, Havok and so forth.

The one thing you could change is the time delay to 1 second - I don't know if there's a requirement for how long you have to show the splash.

You find it under

if (this.splashState)
        {
        #region WAVE SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
        this.time += elapsedTime;
        if (time > TimeSpan.FromSeconds(2)) // here you set the time delay
        {
        this.splashState = false;
        }
        #endregion
        }

If you set this to zero you probably will violate the License Agreement.

Feedback and Knowledge Base